Intermittent failures retrieving process exit codes - snapshot test requested

Daniel Colascione dancol@dancol.org
Wed Jan 2 20:53:00 GMT 2013

> I managed to duplicate a hang by really stressing ctrl-c a loop.  It
> uncovers some rather amazing Windows behavior which I have to think
> about.  Apparently ExitThread can be called recursively within the
> thread that Windows creates to handle CTRL-C.

What do you mean? ExitThread should never return, and I can't
imagine anything on the thread termination path calling ExitThread
again, especially not once the thread jumps to kernel mode.