Intermittent failures with ctrl-c

Tom Honermann thonermann@coverity.com
Wed Jan 16 17:42:00 GMT 2013

On 01/16/2013 11:53 AM, marco atzeri wrote:
> On 1/16/2013 5:37 PM, Tom Honermann wrote:
>

>> 4) Launch mintty using an existing Cygwin installation.  Naturally, this
>> will run a shell from the existing Cygwin install.
>>
>> 5) Change directories to the usr/bin directory of the snapshot.
>>

> This will cause a cygwin1.dll collision between the two versions
> Nothing is guarantee to work fine

Can you elaborate?  Cygwin supports multiple installations just fine
these days.  Use of a .bat file (an intervening cmd.exe process) should
isolate the environments for this test.

Regardless, I was also able to produce a hang in bash running the same
.bat file from a cmd.exe prompt using only the snapshot install and the
copied bash.exe, false.exe, and dependent binaries - no mintty.  The
hung bash.exe process eventually timed out with an error message:

5 [unknown (0x176C)] bash 2000 sig_send: wait for sig_complete event
failed, signal 6, rc 258, Win32 error 0

Tom.