Intermittent failures with ctrl-c

Tom Honermann thonermann@coverity.com
Wed Jan 16 20:24:00 GMT 2013

> Again, if I hit CTRL-C while running ./test.bat in mintty then test.bat
> exits immediately, as expected.  Hitting ctrl-c repeatedly after that
> point gives me a new bash prompt.

Yes, that is what is expected to happen.  What I am reporting is that
interrupting test.bat sometimes leaves hung processes still running
after control is returned to the shell.

> Non-exiting behavior was a symptom of a previous snapshot which was
> mentioned here:
>
> http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2013-01/msg00164.html

I'm testing a newer snapshot than that one.  I'm been testing with
20130114 which Thomas reported as no longer having that problem here:

>> I rather doubt that the use of a .bat file is necessary to reproduce
>> this hang, but I haven't tried producing a test case that doesn't use a
>> .bat file.  This is a test case I was using when debugging the
>> intermittent incorrect exit code issue.
>
> Btw, an incorrect exit code is still a possibility if you're running
> from a cmd shell since it is possible to interrupt a cygwin process
> before cygwin is entirely set up.  That will cause a normal windows
> CTRL-C exit.

Yup, that is understood and expected.

Tom.