Ruby: stack level too deep (SystemStackError)

marco atzeri marco.atzeri@gmail.com
Tue Jan 29 17:16:00 GMT 2013

On 1/29/2013 5:52 PM, Chloe wrote:

>> rails is not part of cygwin
>> http://cygwin.com/cgi-bin2/package-grep.cgi?grep=rails> and clarifying
>> from where your "rails" is coming from ?
>
> rails is like a Perl CPAN package, like CGI::Simple, but for Ruby. I believe
> ruby the executable is crashing.

I had more the impression ruby is receiving an incorrect program and
choking on it.

> A windows version of Ruby
> (railsinstaller.com) works, but it installs DevKit, which is just a copy of
> Cygwin, and a project I'm working on requires ImageMajick, which would not
> install. I can install ImageMajick easier with Cygwin.

ImageMagick  (and GraphicksMagick) are already cygwin packages.

again:

how we can replicate your problem, if you do not provide us
all the step you did ?

Regards
Marco