squid command doesn't do anything

Thu Jan 31 16:52:00 GMT 2013

On 1/31/2013 8:29 AM, leo wrote:

<snip>

> I have confirmed that all these dlls already existed on my system. Still
> squid does do anything.

OK, I installed squid and noticed that invoking /usr/sbin/squid from the
command line doesn't seem to do anything for me either.  It exits with a
code of 1.  But I don't know anything, really, about squid's operation.
I certainly didn't make any changes to squid.conf and a quick look at the
squid man page says that configuration is necessary for it to work.  Have
you consulted the squid home page to get info on how to configure squid?

--
Larry