Bug with Cygwin's 'quilt' is actually in 'patch'

Wed Jul 3 13:30:00 GMT 2013

On Jul  3 15:04, Peter B. wrote:

> On 03.07.2013 14:33 Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> >> The new 2.7.1 (32bit) brakes CRLF handling for me completely. The old
> >> 2.6.1 works properly. 2.7.1 with text files converted from CRLF to LF
> >> works properly as well.
> >>
> >> Can you take a look at the download link below? It includes an example
> >> file (with CRLF), the corresponding patch (LF) and the two binaries
> >> (patch v2.6.1 and v2.7.1).
> >>
> >> http://www60.zippyshare.com/v/13352963/file.html
> > Please provide a direct link which doesn't require to enable scripting
> > in a web browser to download.
> >

> > Thanks,
> > Corinna
> >
> Please download this picture (jpg) and rename the file suffix to 7z or
> open with corresponding archiver directly.
>
> http://abload.de/img/patchfus75.jpg (99KB)

Thanks.  The behaviour here is a deliberate upstream choice to apply the
patch only if the line endings are the same as in the file to patch.

If you really must apply non-CRLF patches to CRLF files, consider using
a temporary text mount:
http://cygwin.com/cygwin-ug-net/using-utils.html#mount

Corinna

Red Hat