base-files-4.1-2

Fri Jul 5 12:09:00 GMT 2013

On Jul  5 07:33, Ken Brown wrote:
> base-files-4.1-2 was released as a test version in March 2012.  Is
> there a plan to promote it to current?  I'm not aware of any
> problems with it.

I just tried it on 64 bit, and I see some problems.

- /etc/postinstall/base-files-mketc.sh

    Only cosmetically:  The dos file warning when creating the service
    files is annoying.  Setting CYGWIN=nodosfilewarning might be a good
    idea.

- /etc/profile.d/1777fix.sh

    Calls getfacl without path.  Assuming tcsh is your login shell, at
    the time this is run under tcsh, there's no default PATH set, so the
    script doesn't find the tools:

      /etc/profile.d/1777fix.sh: line 36: getfacl: command not found
      /etc/profile.d/1777fix.sh: line 36: getfacl: command not found
      /etc/profile.d/1777fix.sh: line 36: getfacl: command not found
      /etc/profile.d/1777fix.sh: line 36: getfacl: command not found
      /etc/profile.d/1777fix.sh: line 36: getfacl: command not found
      /etc/profile.d/1777fix.sh: line 46: touch: command not found

    Using the full path for all tools would fix that.

Other than that it's ok I think.

Corinna

Red Hat