Setup.exe crashes before opening the servers window on Windows XP

gialloporpora gialloporpora@mozillaitalia.org
Fri Jul 5 19:46:00 GMT 2013

Dear all,
I have the same problem reported in this topic:

any time I start setup.exe (I need to update some packages)  I have this
error message:

 > Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library
 > Runtime Error!
 > Program: C:\cygwin\setup.exe
 > This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an
unusual way.

unfortunatelly the modified setup.exe linked in the topic is not
available and I don't have understand how to fix it.
I have Windows XP SP3 and it has worked fine  until my last restart. I
have uninstalled  git  in the previous session. The cygwin environment
seems to work fine, only setup.exe has problems.

Sandro