cygwin1.dll hangs since cygwin 1.7.20 (1.7.19)

Henri afvalton@xs4all.nl
Sun Jul 7 16:24:00 GMT 2013

Hi all,

As far as I can tell !,
I am experiencing a "process hang" since cygwin 1.7.20, perhaps 1.7.19, if
bash in used in a DOS box.

 - if bash used in mintty: no problem
 - if bash used in DOS box: no problem after having switched back to
   cygwin 1.7.18

Details of "process hang":

    cygcheck | wc -l # wc used here as example (use e.g. sort i.s.o. wc)

does not show output INSTANTLY; for some reason the output from cygcheck is
hold back for some time (hang).

Programs simular to cygcheck (like strace), native Windows programs?, show
the same behaviour.

The funny thing is, that the "pipe" works perfectly when used as follows:

    { cygcheck; } | wc -l

Anyone else experiencing this odd behaviour?

Btw, cygcheck -s now (cygwin 1.7.20) shows on error output:

cygcheck: Wrong architecture. Only ix86 executables supported. (7 times)

I am using XP SP3 on Pentium 4 - hyperthreaded.

Attached: output of cygcheck -s -v -r

Best regards,

Henri