setup-x86_64: postinstall errors: Package bash 1, Package a2ps 2 and xinit 134

Wed Jul 24 13:23:00 GMT 2013

> On Jul 23 15:08, Charles Wilson wrote:
>> But even if /bin/bash is elevated, it doesn't follow that any of the
>> tools launched within a script -- via cygwin's fork/exec method --
>> ALSO retain that elevation.
>>
>> Does it?
>
> Yes, it does.  CreateProcess propagates its own user token untouched.
>
> Weird question.  Did you ever start an elevated shell and lost your
> admin permissions in a child process?  If that would occur, nothing
> would work right in an admin shell.  Even the `id' call would not show
> the admins group in your supplementary group list.

OK. At one point I thought there was an issue with propagating
elevation, but I guess not.

So...is it possible to launch setup*.exe in an UNelevated context
(somehow bypassing the UAC detection, even though we don't ship a
manifest)?  Then, if the user selects 'Install for All Users' you would
see this problem.

--
Chuck