Rcpp installation fails on Cygwin: Rcpp::Timer not supported by your OS.

Wed Jul 31 19:20:00 GMT 2013

On 2013-07-31 12:37, Enrico Ferrero wrote:
> When trying to install your Rcpp R package from CRAN on Cygwin,
> compilation aborts with the following error:
> Timer.cpp:35:6: error: #error "Rcpp::Timer not supported by your OS."

Such an error means that the code needs to be patched to select (or add)
a code block specific to that platform.  A patch for Cygwin can be found
in Ports git:

http://cygwin-ports.git.sourceforge.net/git/gitweb.cgi?p=cygwin-ports/R-Rcpp;a=tree

Specifically for Cygwin, based on my limited understanding of Rcpp, it
would appear that libRcpp.dll (the library, not the Rcpp.dll module)
should be moved to $PATH, and a symlink .dll.a put in its place, for the
benefit of other modules which would use this library.  The cygport(5)
found in the aforementioned repo handles that for you.

Yaakov