Cygwin64: mkshortcut - Segmentation fault

Angelo Graziosi angelo.graziosi@alice.it
Tue Jun 11 13:35:00 GMT 2013

Charles Wilson wrote:
> I believe your report has to do with error handling when attempting to modify the All User's Desktop, when you don't actually retain the elevated permissions necessary to do so.

Hmm... What do you mean for "elevated permissions"?

It happen when I run the cited command line as Administrator. I worked
that way for a long long time (at least two years).

To be complete, with 1.7.20-1, when I run (as Administrator)

$ mkshortcut.exe -AD -n MyApp -a foo -i foo.ico -d "MyApp application"
foo.exe

it prints "Aborted (core dumped)", and the stackdump is empty

$ cat mkshortcut.exe.stackdump
Stack trace:
Frame     Function  Args

it seems i can't reproduce the "hanging".

All this happens only if one adds the options "-AD".

> I just haven't had the cycles to track it down and fix it.

Don't worry, we can survive... :)

Ciao,
  Angelo.