Failed assertion in path.cc (path_conv::check)

Sun Jun 30 23:06:00 GMT 2013

> On Jun 21 03:26, Charles Wilson wrote:
>> The following statement:
>>
>> char * tmp_path =
>>     (char *) cygwin_create_path (CCP_POSIX_TO_WIN_A, newargz[0]);
>>
>> Results in this error popup (and a coredump), when newargz[0] is
>> NULL. Sure, it's a bug in my program to do that...but shouldn't it
>> be handled more gracefully?  Like...return a NULL, rather than
>> SIGABRT?
>
> I changed the underlying cygwin_conv_path to handle NULL gracefully
> by returning -1 and setting errno to EINVAL.  This results in a NULL
> return from cygwin_create_path.

Using the old (buggy) version of my program, this change to the
cygwin1.dll DTRT and I don't see the coredump anymore.  Thanks.

'Course, I've fixed my program to not do that, but this was still a
cygwin bug IMO so thanks for fixing it.

--
Chuck