Binutils objcopy bug (was Re: rebase segfault)

Andrew Dunstan andrew@dunslane.net
Tue Mar 5 15:39:00 GMT 2013

On 03/05/2013 12:42 AM, marco atzeri wrote:
> On 3/4/2013 11:32 PM, Andrew Dunstan wrote:
>>

>> Incidentally, there is no need to change the test schedules, and such a
>> patch would not be accepted. There is an option to restrict the number
>> of concurrent connections the regression tests will run (designed
>> specifically with Cygwin in mind, in fact, many years ago.) The way to
>> do this is:
>>
>>      make MAX_CONNECTIONS=10 check
>>

> nice to know.
> The test.patch is what I used in last release
>
> Please note that "prepared_xacts" is freezing the test sequence
> so i am forced to skip it , for the time being

Yeah. Now that's an interesting thing, which I have also seen. Here's a
relevant data point. My Postgresql Buildfarm member brolga
<http://www.pgbuildfarm.org/cgi-bin/show_history.pl?nm=brolga&br=HEAD>,
which runs on Cygwin 1.7.7, and builds with gcc 4.3.4, doesn't have this
difficulty. So What I'd like to know is what changed between when those
things were released and now to make this break.

cheers

andrew