setting up SFTP to a web site's files without changing the home directory

David T-G d13@justpickone.org
Sun Mar 10 21:59:00 GMT 2013

Katherine --

...and then Katherine Moss said...
%
% explanation for it.  I'm trying to set up an SSH server via Cygwin on
% my Windows Server machine so that me and maybe one other can update our
% web site running under IIS on that same server.  I'd like to not have
% to change the home directory, but is that the only way to do it?  Do I
[snip]

I don't think that this is specific to cygwin, but ...  What about just
creating a symlink in your real home dir that points to the IIS dir so
that you change just one level?  Or how about a forced command to change
to that dir since sftp is based on ssh?

HTH & HAND

:-D
--
David T-G
See http://justpickone.org/davidtg/email/

I appreciate everyone's individual tactic in the Spam Wars, but I just
don't have the time or energy to captcha or register or whatever to be
able to send you email.