Problem with relative path containing nonexisting directory

Chris J. Breisch chris.ml@breisch.org
Thu Mar 14 14:31:00 GMT 2013

> On Mar 14 13:19, Jacob Kroon wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm having problems compiling EGLIBC in Cygwin. I think the reason is
>> the following:
>>
>> Doing "ls foobar/../" in a Cygwin terminal, where the directory
>> "foobar" does _not_ exist, still returns a valid file listing of the
>> current path.
>>
>> Doing the same operation in Fedora, ls will print "No such file or directory".
>>
>> Is this a bug in Cygwin ? Is there a configure option to enable the
>> Fedora-behaviour ?
>>
>> Please CC me as I'm not a subscriber to the list.
>
> http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2013-01/msg00173.html

I would add the following. If you're trying to compile EGLIBC for
Cygwin, I'm not sure if that's likely to be successful in any event. If
you're cross-compiling for some other platform, I can verify that that
works, as I've built a Cross Linux From Scratch from Cygwin.

--
In theory, there's no difference between theory and practice. In
practice, there is.