Default File Path

AlanWB a.j.white@blueyonder.co.uk
Tue Mar 19 11:44:00 GMT 2013

I am developing an application using NetBeans CygWin C++, and it is messing
up the default file path. When I try to read a file using

  fopen (fname, "r")

if the file name does not specify the directory, instead of assuming that
the file is in the current directory, it seems to prefix a file path
including "cygdrive". The result is that I have to specify the full file
path. But this is not desirable for various reasons.

Help! Does any body know how to get round this?