single point of failure: server machine for setup.exe

Alexander Stohr alexander.stohr@gmx.de
Sat Mar 23 11:56:00 GMT 2013

Christopher Faylor wrote:
> The mirrors list used by setup.exe comes from cygwin.com.

In an update scenario i have a cache mirrors list
and i have the chance to find tons of other mirrors
via what ever sort of search engine the web does offer.
The second option is still possible for a first time install.

But it wont resolve me the lack for a current version of setup.exe.

Larry Hall wrote:
> This was an announced outage of the site for a server upgrade.

Thanks for the announcement - i simply did not notice it
until i saw it to take place with the known consequences.

(It felt a bit like re-installing some proprietary OS to a laptop
and in the abolutely latest moment finding out the sticker with the
serial number rubbed by some peoples legs until it was unreadable.)

> Sorry for the inconvenience.

Thanks for the overall projects well done achievements and fine project at all.
Just for approximating the ultimate conveniance there is space for improvement.

regards, Alex.