SIGCHLD is not delivered

Andreas Steenpaß steenpass@mathematik.uni-kl.de
Fri Mar 29 18:41:00 GMT 2013

Le 29/03/2013 14:29, Christopher Faylor a écrit :
> On Thu, Mar 28, 2013 at 02:30:53PM +0100, Andreas Steenpa? wrote:
>> I have noticed that sometimes SIGCHLD is not delivered when a child
>> process exits. I can reproduce this behaviour reliably under the
>> following, very special circumstances:
> I've uploaded a new snapshot which seems to fix this problem.  Before
> running it, I could see a rare when I ran your test case in a loop.
> After, I never saw a hang.
>
> Thanks for the test case and please give the snapshot a try.

I've installed the newest snapshot and recompiled the test case, but it
still hangs on my system. I'm sorry for interfering with your release.
Is there any further information I could provide to solve this issue?

Just to be sure:
$ uname -a
CYGWIN_NT-6.1-WOW64 zoppo 1.7.18s(0.263/5/3) 20130329 13:18:55 i686 Cygwin

My installation of Windows runs in a virtual machine. Could this maybe
influence the race conditions? I've noticed that the resolutions I get
with clock_gettime(CLOCK_REALTIME, ...); are quite coarse (a few
milliseconds!) in comparison to my Linux system (nanoseconds), or is
this a general Cygwin thing?

Best regards,
Andreas