Compiling Objective-C Using Cygwin

Thu May 2 19:42:00 GMT 2013

On 5/2/2013 3:14 PM, Eric Kessler wrote:
> Larry Hall (Cygwin <reply-to-list-only-lh <at> cygwin.com> writes:
>

>> You can't do this.  Cygwin != Linux!
>>
> Of course!  I'll delete those files and get the Windows files.
>>
>> <http://cygwin.com/cgi-bin2/package-cat.cgi?file=gcc4-objc%2Fgcc4-objc-
> 4.5.3-3&grep=cc1obj>
>>
>> Install gcc4-objc.
>>

> Thanks!  But that page doesn't have any hyperlinks on it; it's just a list
> of files.  What location do I get them from?

That page is generated from <http://cygwin.com/packages/> by entering
"cc1obj".  It tells you the packages contain the string you searched
for.  So the package you want to install is 'gcc4-objc'.  How do you
do that you ask?  Use 'setup.exe', just like you did when you installed
Cygwin packages the first (and any subsequent) time(s).  See
<http://cygwin.com/setup.exe>

--
Larry