Fwd: Cygwin64: errno.h error values

Jan Nijtmans jan.nijtmans@gmail.com
Fri May 3 07:22:00 GMT 2013

2013/5/3 Christopher Faylor:
> We make ABSOLUTELY no guarantees that our errnos will match any other
> system's.  You can't expect that you will be able to use Cygwin errno's
> in pure Windows applications.  We really don't care if our errnos match
> those of Windows.  Sorry.

No need for a sorry. I understand. I just felt obliged to report it, because in
the (unlikely) case that such a problem arises a major release is the
only moment that such a thing can be fixed. This would be a chance
to have a single errno.h shared by mingw, mingw-w64, wine and cygwin
(which would then be a superset of Microsoft's).

The mingw-w64 cross-compiler in Cygwin64 (x64_64-w64-mingw32)
is currently lacking "errno.h", I would expect it in:
   /usr/x86_64-w64-mingw32/sys-root/mingw/include/errno.h
In Cygwin32 it's fine, "errno.h" is where I would expect it.
This makes the cross-compiler unusable at the moment for
me in Cygwin64, but in Cygwin32 it works fine.

Thanks for all the work on Cygwin64. I have it in a pretty useful
state now!

Regards,
         Jan Nijtmans