sqlite3: bug with monotone

Fri May 31 00:56:00 GMT 2013

On 2013-05-30 12:02, Warren Young wrote:
> On 5/30/2013 04:27, Achim Gratz wrote:
>> Yaakov (Cygwin/X <yselkowitz <at> users.sourceforge.net> writes:
>>> This was working properly with my 3.7.15.2 x64 package, as well as with
>>> a self-built 3.7.17.  I don't know if it's a question of configuration
>>> options or a bug in that version.  Here's how I have built sqlite3:
>>
>> You are defining "SQLITE_OS_UNIX" which introduces known interoperability
>> problems with accesses from the windows side.

Yes, I can now confirm that (the lack of) SQLITE_OS_UNIX is the culprit.

> Thoroughly explained here:
>
>      http://stackoverflow.com/questions/11007024/
>
> I don't see a way out of this trap, where either native Windows loses
> out to Cygwin or vice versa, until Cygwin provides some way to request
> mandatory locks on a per-process or per-subtree basis.

So you *can't* have your cake and eat it too after all.  What a surprise.

If it's a choice between Cygwin programs functioning correctly (in this
case, mtn clone), and allowing interoperability with Windows programs,
there is NO QUESTION that the former MUST take priority.  Add a `mount
-o mand' feature if you wish (or get someone who cares about this to do
so), but DON'T BREAK Cygwin programs for the sake of those NOT USING Cygwin.

Please fix sqlite3 accordingly.

Yaakov