SV: Some first questions.

D. Boland daniel@boland.nl
Mon Nov 4 17:03:00 GMT 2013

Gert Koefoed Andersen wrote:

> I have compiled lot of sources on linux systems and got now errors here but
> on cygwin on my windows 7 32bit things not like to work for me.
> What I ever I have done for it, like:
> Cd /cygdrive/k/huskysrc/smapi
> Or copied it to /src/src/huskysrc
> Cd /usr/src/huskysrc/smapi
> Make
> Make install
> And it ends by error for ld not found some files and others.
> Output from cygwin terminal by the error:
> gcc   1stchar.o   -o 1stchar
> /usr/lib/gcc/i686-pc-cygwin/4.7.3/../../../libcygwin.a(libcmain.o): I
> funktionen "main":
> /usr/src/debug/cygwin-1.7.25-1/winsup/cygwin/lib/libcmain.c:39: undefined
> reference to `WinMain@16'
> collect2: fejl: ld returnerede afslutningskoden 1
> <builtin>: recipe for target '1stchar' failed
> make: *** [1stchar] Error 1

I know this error (unknown reference to WinMain). You get it when you try to compile
a module. A module has no "main" function (like a program has). You need to compile
it with option -c. Like:

gcc -c lstchar.o -o lstchar

Maybe you can add the extra option in the Makefile? I must say, this kind of error
occurs only in poorly made distributions, so this will be a difficult build...

HTH,
Daniel