git clone failing with "fatal: index-pack failed"

Andrew DeFaria Andrew@DeFaria.com
Wed Nov 6 05:28:00 GMT 2013

On 11/05/2013 03:35 PM, Balaji Venkataraman wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 5, 2013 at 7:28 AM, Andrew DeFaria <Andrew@defaria.com> wrote:

> Did you try these (man, make etc.) from a non-admin shell?
I think you're talking to the other guy however when I did man, make,
etc. they worked fine.
>>> Interesting. Running an administrator shell works! The odd thing is that I
>>> logged in as the user Administrator, the local user Administrator. I assume
>>> it has administrator rights but I know that there are administrator rights
>>> and then there are administrator rights. So it seems the problem lies
>>> between the two. How to debug this further and fix it?
>> Another error that I'm getting is the following:
>>
>> $ git fetch
>> Warning: No xauth data; using fake authentication data for X11 forwarding.
>> X11 forwarding request failed on channel 0
>> fatal: Out of memory? mmap failed: Resource temporarily unavailable
>> $
>>
>> Note that this happens whether or not I start an administrator shell. Also
> Could you do the following and report back:
> - open windows explorer and navigate to C:\Cygwin\bin (or where ever
> the root of your 32 bit Cygwin installation).
Stop. AFAICT I don't have a 32 bit Cygwin installation. I have a 64 bit
Cygwin installation. Again, I think you're talking to the other guy.
However I did report this new problem with git fetch and the nmap failed.
> - scroll down to find sh.exe and check whether you see the windows
> 'Administrator' shield on it?
>
> If it has a shield on it, that is the source of all problems.
I'll look for this however.
--
Andrew DeFaria <http://defaria.com>
"Criminal Lawyer" is a redundancy.