Small wrapper to start Cygwin scripts by unix name

Andrey Repin anrdaemon@yandex.ru
Wed Nov 6 17:20:00 GMT 2013

Greetings, All!

I was using a simple

[C:\]$ ftype unixshell.script
unixshell.script="C:\Programs\Cygwin\bin\env.exe" "%1" %*

association to run Cygwin scripts, until I've discovered, that, say, gawk is
unable to digest native path to script.

Had to thinker around it, but original idea to have native batch file was
unsuccessful. Probably because of local issues, but I wanted to run that AWK
script... So I came up with a Cygwin wrapper and expanded association:

[C:\]$ ftype unixshell.script
unixshell.script="C:\Programs\Cygwin\bin\env.exe" /bin/cygwrap.sh "%1" %*

--
WBR,

Sorry for my terrible english...