Audio Related

Mon Nov 18 11:25:00 GMT 2013

On Nov 16 11:09, wynfield@gmail.com wrote:

> I want to add audio output volume control to an application.   But, I don't know how to go about it yet.
>
> If you know anything about controlling volume from within cygwin applications or have done so, I would appreciate your telling me about it.

Cygwin supports a single OSS-like audio device called /dev/dsp.  It's
always connected to the default Windows audio device.

It's not much, but unfortunately we're lacking a developer who's
knowledgable in this audio stuff and interested in either extending the
/dev/dsp interface to support multiple audio devices, or to modernize
this to a more ALSA-like interface.

Corinna

Red Hat