setting up a minimal TeXLive?

Sivaram Neelakantan nsivaram.net@gmail.com
Mon Nov 25 18:11:00 GMT 2013

On Mon, Nov 25 2013,Ken Brown wrote:

[snipped 6 lines]

> My recommendations for getting started are near the end of the release
> announcement:
>
>   http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-announce/2013-06/msg00030.html
>
> I recommend *not* updating CTAN packages between releases of TeX Live
> unless there is a bug that's impeding your work or a new feature that
> you need.  If that happens, you can send email to the cygwin list and
> I'll either update the corresponding texlive-collection-* package or
> give you further instructions.

Thanks for the information, appreciate it.  From the mail link above

Standard: Install texlive-collection-latexrecommended and its
dependencies

If I choose the above package, then setup will automagically recommend
the dependencies before it starts, right?

And is there a bit of documentation on the groupings of the files
i.e. what's in each group of the cygwin texlive* groups?

[snipped 8 lines]

 sivaram