lnn, a native symlink wrapper script (Was: fstab not automounting...)

Warren Young warren@etr-usa.com
Fri Oct 18 19:08:00 GMT 2013

On 10/18/2013 12:24, Corinna Vinschen wrote:

> - The user token contains a privilege, but it's disabled.
>
>    The process can not perform the dangerous action secured by that
>    privilege.  But it can enable the privilege if it wants to perform
>    that action.

Thanks for the explanation.

I tried two machines here and apparently the privilege can be set on
both of them without being Administrator, so I don't even know if it's
worth chasing this test.  That is, I don't know if ln(1) prints a
helpful error when the link cannot be created.  If it says something
vague like "permission denied", I'm thinking it would be helpful to
pre-diagnose the problem in the wrapper script.