ver 1.7.25 cygwin64 post-install.sh Error on Win 7

Mon Oct 21 22:10:00 GMT 2013

On 10/21/2013 1:03 PM, Jonathan wrote:
> On 21/10/2013 16:05, Christopher Faylor wrote:
>> On Mon, Oct 21, 2013 at 03:04:16PM +0100, Jonathan wrote:
>>> When I run:
>>>
>>> C:\Windows\system32>C:\cygwin64\bin\bash.exe --norc --noprofile
>>> "/etc/postinstall/000-cygwin-post-install.sh
>>>
>>> I get this back:
>>>
>>>        0 [main] bash 1956! child_info::sync: wait failed, pid 0, Win32
>>> error 6
>>>
>>> Even if I just run:
>>>
>>> C:\cygwin64\bin\bash.exe
>>>
>>> I get a popup saying "C:\cygwin64\bin\bash.exe is not a valid Win32
>>> application"
>>>
>>> Any ideas?
>> Either http://cygwin.com/acronyms/#BLODA or a bad installation of bash.
>> Try reinstalling first, then check for apps which could be interfering
>> with Cygwin.
> I've tried reinstalling and no difference.
>
> I've just run cygcheck and am attaching the result.

As Chris mentioned, you want to look for possible BLODA candidates.
As part of that search, you can try enabling detect_bloda in your
CYGWIN environment variable (see
http://cygwin.com/cygwin-ug-net/using-cygwinenv.html#cygwinenv-implemented-options).

You might also try trimming everything from your path but the Windows
directories and see if that helps.  If so, you can use a search of
what's in your path to lead you to the BLODA.

--
Larry