Problem with multiprocessing module from Python

Jean-Pierre Flori jpflori@gmail.com
Tue Oct 29 21:30:00 GMT 2013

Le Tue, 29 Oct 2013 20:41:07 +0000, Jean-Pierre Flori a écrit :

> Le Tue, 29 Oct 2013 19:40:10 +0000, Jean-Pierre Flori a écrit :
>>> For your info, I was unable to reproduce such a behavior on Cygwin 32
>>> v 1.7.25 installs running on 64 bits Windows 7 both on real hardware
>>> and VirtualBox 4.3...
>>>
>>> JP
>> I went on with further testing and could reproduce the problem with the
>> Cygwin shipped Pythons on a 64 bit Windows 7 running under VirtualBox
>> 4.3 with Cygwin 64 and on a 32 bit Windows 7 running on real hardware
>> (intel Atom).
>>
>> Best,
>> JP
> Same problem with Python 2.6.8 from Cygwin on the 32 bit Windows 7
> running on Intel Atom.
Some additional info on another 64 bit Windows running on a  Corei7:
* no problem with Cygwin 32 up-to-date.
* with Cygwin 64, i first tested with the old 1.7.22 which was installed
and got "ImportError: This platform lacks a functioning sem_open
implementation, therefore, the required synchronization primitives needed
will not function, see issue 3770." when issuing "p = Pool(2)"; then
updated (to 1.7.25 as well as all packages) and got the "ValueError" as
originally reported.

Best,
JP