No bin for mingw64-i686-gcc

natew@notthisway.com natew@notthisway.com
Fri Sep 6 16:36:00 GMT 2013

Hi,

I am trying to get the mingw64 build chain using cygwin, but when I
run setup and locate the correct packages, there is no bin available
for mingw64-i686-gcc. It only allows me to get src. Can anyone point
me in the right direction for getting a mingw64-i686-gcc bin file via
cygwin? Is this a problem with my installation of cygwin, a conflict
with something else on my system, or is there just no bin for this
package available?

I am very new to this, first time using cygwin, so please excuse the
simplicity of the question. I have searched both the mailing list and
the wider internet, but don't really know what to look for. I am
trying to get the needed dependencies and compile for software that
was written by a colleague, who is not a Windows user and thus hasn't
worked with cygwin enough to help me out.

Thanks,

Nate