setup.exe and mounting home directory in fstab

Warren Young warren@etr-usa.com
Fri Sep 20 02:24:00 GMT 2013

On 9/19/2013 19:15, Larry Hall (Cygwin) wrote:
> On 9/19/2013 12:16 PM, Rob Siklos wrote:
>>
>> My current solution is to just mount it in fstab with the following line:
>>
>>    c:/Users /home ntfs binary,posix=0,nouser
>
> Alternatively, you can set HOME in your
> Windows environment to point to the directory you want as your home.

Or, change the second-to-last item in /etc/passwd to something like
/cygdrive/c/Users/rob.

Remapping c:\Users to /home is obviously more scalable, but do you
really have lots of local users on that box?