1.7.28: Ctrl-C not working reliably

Max Polk maxpolk@gmail.com
Sat Apr 5 14:50:00 GMT 2014

On 4/4/2014 3:35 PM, Ivan Todoroski wrote:
> On my machine, the Ctrl-C doesn't stop SSH from trying to ...

I believe console applications may require I/O to/from
stdin/stdout/stderr for Control-C (or even Control-S / Control-Q for
flow control) to be noticed.  In that period of time when there is
"silence", no textual console output, no signal is even noticed, and the
application happily continues what it is doing, totally ignoring you.

I have seen this enough times to make me think it's a pattern, maybe
even usual behavior.