setup.exe version 2.844 (32 bit): "No packages found."

Sun Apr 6 01:47:00 GMT 2014

On 4/5/2014 9:25 PM, Matthew Langston wrote:
> The "Select Pacakge" window shows "No packages found." when I run setup.exe version 2.844 (32 bit) and choose the option to “Install from Local Directory" even though there are 167 .tar.bz2 files in my local directory.
>
> These are the options I choose when running setup.exe:
>
> Root Directory: C:\cygwin
> Install For: All Users
> Local Package Directory: C:\Users\matt\Downloads\cygwin-downloader
>
> I am using the "cygwin-downloader.zip" program from https://www.webkit.org/building/tools.html:
>
> http://svn.webkit.org/repository/webkit/trunk/Tools/CygwinDownloader/cygwin-downloader.zip

Sorry but this list supports only the Cygwin distribution as provided by
cygwin.com.  So I see this as leaving you with 2 choices:

   1. Contact the good folks at webkit.org about this problem.  If you do
      so, you could also mention to them that the GNU license that Cygwin
      is distributed under requires that webkit.org make the source for
      Cygwin available as well.

   2. Install the packages you want from the Cygwin web site directly.

OK, I guess there's a third choice too... you could do both 1 and 2. ;-)

--
Larry