rm -f behavior

Fri Apr 25 19:16:00 GMT 2014

On Apr 25 14:11, Douglas Coup wrote:
> >On Apr 25 11:30, Douglas Coup wrote:
> >>I downloaded the x86/cygwin-inst-20140425.tar.xz file.  I assume all
> >>I need to do is run tar xvf against this file?  From the output it
> >>certainly looked like it installed the files.
> >No.  Just download the DLL and only install the DLL in place of the old
> >DLL.  Installing the tar inst file under Cygwin doesn't effectively
> >replace the Cygwin DLL.  You should exit all(!) Cygwin processes, mopve
> >the release DLL out of the way, and move the new DLL in place.
> Good shooting, Corinna.  The problem has gone away with the new DLL.

Good to know.  Can you please try something else?  I'm wondering if
that's not a problem analogue of the one described in
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/948252.

The "fix" from that KB applied to your case:

- Revert to the release Cygwin DLL.

- Delete the .blf files and the .regtrans-ms files from your
  %Windir%\System32\SMI\Store\Machine folder.

- Try the failing rm -f scenario again.

Does that fix the problem, too?  If not, I'm back to blaming Perforce.

Thanks,
Corinna

Red Hat