Simplify AD integration?

Fri Aug 1 18:22:00 GMT 2014

On Aug  1 19:43, Achim Gratz wrote:
> Corinna Vinschen writes:
> > - prefixed with the machine name if the machine is member of a domain.
>
> That's exactly what I am having a bit of a problem with at the moment.
> As discussed before, the user name "sshd" is hardcoded, which requires
> to either make it a domain account (our AD admin has at least promised
> to think about creating it, but of course "sshd" doesn't match any of
> the naming rules they have for such accounts) or add it to /etc/passwd
> with the prefix removed.

You don't have to care.  The next version of OpenSSH comes with
Cygwin-specific code.  It will call

  cygwin_internal(CW_CYGNAME_FROM_WINNAME, "sshd");

to fetch the Cygwin username for the sshd account.  The OpenSSH patch
has already been applied upstream, the CW_CYGNAME_FROM_WINNAME
functionality is in Cygwin CVS(*), available for use by any service
having a similar problem.

Corinna

(*) https://cygwin.com/viewvc/src/winsup/cygwin/external.cc?revision=1.139&view=markup#l622

Red Hat