[ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated [experimental]: coreutils-8.23-1

Mon Aug 4 09:37:00 GMT 2014

On Aug  4 07:32, Christian Franke wrote:
> Eric Blake (cygwin) wrote:
> >A new release of coreutils, 8.23-1, is available for download for
> >testing purposes, leaving 8.15-1 (32-bit) or 8.15-3 (64-bit) as current
> >for another week until I am sure there are no major regressions.

> >[ arch base64 basename cat chcon chgrp chmod chown chroot cksum comm cp
> >csplit cut date dd df dir dircolors dirname du echo env expand expr
> >factor false fmt fold gkill groups head hostid hostname id install join
>
> Please note that there is a separate 'hostname' package:
> https://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2014-05/msg00285.html

Yes, that's indeed a problem with coreutiuls-8.23-1.  It provides
hostname so the hostname binary has now two provider packages.

On the positive side, cp --no-preserve appears to work now.  Great!

Thanks,
Corinna

Red Hat