[ANNOUNCEMENT] New package: rng-tools-5-1

Peter Rosin peda@lysator.liu.se
Tue Aug 12 13:29:00 GMT 2014

On 2014-08-09 16:37, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> I just uploaded rng-tools-5-1.
>
> The Cygwin release only comes with the rngtest tool for now.
>
> The rngd daemon requires porting assembler code to COFF and the
> Microsoft calling convention.  Any help porting this code would
> be greatly appreciated.

Ok, I took a stab at it. The problems I identified in the assembly
are ELF debug info, different register use for the x86-64 calls and
a missing underscore prefix for the i686 symbols.

I'm unsure if used registers (and which) have to be saved in the
MS x86-64 ABI, but that shouldn't be too hard to fix if that's the
case.

I also moved up the AC_SEARCH_LIBS hunk in configure.ac since
the existing AC_CHECK_LIB is buried inside some other construct
(AC_CHECK_HEADER is possibly the culprit) which causes this:

checking for library containing argp_parse... /usr/src/rng-tools-5-1.src/rng-tools-5-1.i686/src/rng-tools-5/configure: line 4335: ac_fn_c_try_link: command not found
/usr/src/rng-tools-5-1.src/rng-tools-5-1.i686/src/rng-tools-5/configure: line 4335: ac_fn_c_try_link: command not found
no

Anyway, with the attached patch instead of the one included in the
src package, it builds for both arches, but my cpu appears to lack
the rdrand instruction, so I have a hard time taking this any
further.   Bummer.

Cheers,
Peter