Latest snapshot

Fri Aug 22 20:23:00 GMT 2014

On Aug 22 19:48, Angelo Graziosi wrote:
> Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> >There was no change at all in symlink handling so this is a bit
> >surprising.
>
> Indeed it surprised me too!
>
> For example , if I rename ~/.emacs.d to ~/.emacs.d-foo, and the I create the
> symlink
>
>   ln -sf .emacs.d-foo .emacs.d
>
> Emacs is correctly initialized ONLY when .emacs.d-foo has the true init.el
> file. If init.el is a symlink it starts but without my personal preferences,
> as if init.el were ignored.
>
> Reverting to 1.7.32 all works as expected.

Does it work with the next to last snapshot?  I'm just wondering
if it's a result of the exception handling changes or if it has
been introduced by an older change.

Still, do you have a simple init.el file I can use for testing, and a
method to recognize if the file has been loaded or not, even usable
by an emacs dummy?

> Here, I am referring to the Cygwin build using --with-w32
>
> >Can you provide two strace,
>
> I have used strace one or two times and the last time was many years ago..

Well, just start emacs under strace:

  $ strace -o emacs.trace emacs --with-w32

This might take a long time, so be patient...
The file emacs.trace is what might give us a clue.

Thanks,
Corinna

Red Hat