advice about setting up the eigen library for use with cygwin g++

Csaba Raduly rcsaba@gmail.com
Fri Dec 5 08:34:00 GMT 2014

Hi,

On Thu, Dec 4, 2014 at 10:43 PM, LMH  wrote:
> Hello,
>
> As stated, I am writing a few tools with cygwin g++.
(snip)
> Eigen is a header only kind  of thing, so my understanding is that all I
> need to do is to unpack the src somewhere add the location to the
> include path.
>
> I was thinking of putting Eigen in,
>
> /cygdrive/c/cygwin/lib/eigen/

If you use Cygwin tools, you shouldn't use paths like
"/cygdrive/c/cygwin/lib". The way to refer to
that directory is /lib (unless your Cygwin is installed somewhere
other than C:\cygwin).

> and using,
>
> g++ -I /cygdrive/c/cygwin/lib/eigen/

/lib is not really for headers. It mostly contains binaries. A
canonical place for a header-only library would be
/usr/local/include/eigen

Doesn't eigen supply a makefile with an "install" target?

Csaba