'date' command returns a time exactly 3:21:00 ahead of system time

Stefan Vorkoetter stefan@capable.ca
Sun Dec 7 13:50:00 GMT 2014

I've been using cygwin on XP (yeah, I know, XP is over, but I'm not about to replace a perfectly adequate machine). I've been using the same version of cygwin for at least the past few years. Recently (perhaps two weeks ago), the shell's 'date' command has started returning a time that is exactly 3 hours and 21 minutes ahead of what the system clock reports (via the Windows date/time control panel, the system tray, etc.). Commands like touch also use this same incorrect time.

Somehow, I don't think this is just a timezone issue.

cygcheck output attached. I've replaced all instances of my user name with <username>, lower case host name with <hostname>, and uppercase host name with <HOSTNAME>. Other than that, the file is untouched.

--
Stefan Vorkoetter
http://www.stefanv.com