setup-x86.exe stops downloading after one or two packages

Michael DePaulo mikedep333@gmail.com
Mon Dec 8 15:34:00 GMT 2014

On Mon, Dec 8, 2014 at 9:44 AM, Corinna Vinschen
<corinna-cygwin@cygwin.com> wrote:
> On Dec  8 09:00, Michael DePaulo wrote:
>> On Sun, Dec 7, 2014 at 5:57 AM, jropph <jropph@gmail.com> wrote:
>> > For the few last weeks setup-x86.exe 2.852 stops downloading packages after
>> > 1 or 2 files.
>> >
>> > When I run it again, it downloads 1 or 2 of the remaining files, and then it
>> > stops again.
>> >
>> > I verified this also in another mirror.
>>
>> I reported this problem also. No response so far:
>> https://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2014-08/msg00157.html
>
> Nothing has changed in setup for some time which might explain this.
> I just tried it myself with about 15 packages or so, and there was
> no hang.  Is there a chance that some virus checker is interfering?
>

> Corinna
[...]

Back when I originally posted, I was using ESET NOD32 Antivirus 7 (not
to be confused with ESET Smart Security 7) with cygwin setup-x86
2.850. I used the NOD32 GUI to "temporarily disable protection", but
it did not help.

Now I am using ESET NOD32 Antivirus 8.0.304.0 with cygwin setup-x86
2.852. I just downloaded 61 packages from
http://mirrors.kernel.org/sourceware/cygwin/ without issue, so the
problem is probably resolved for me.

Thanks,
-Mike