a batch that executes a command within cygwin?

Andrey Repin anrdaemon@yandex.ru
Sun Dec 14 19:35:00 GMT 2014

Greetings, Marilo!

> I would like to make a batch file that executes a command within cygwin.

You make it sound like "Cygwin" is something alien, unnatural.
The truth is, cygwin is just a collection of programs, that using one common
library as a base of their API.

> or tells cygwin to execute some commands when it starts.
>

> I know I can do
> C:\cygwin\bin>nc<ENTER>   <--- And that works

So, now, what is the culprit?

> So there isnt a big reason for me to want to do it within cygwin.. But i'm interested to know if I can..

> I can make a batch file that says
> cd \cygwin
> cygwin
> nc
> pause

> but it doesn't run the nc command.

What it supposed to do?... If you want to start netcat, either chdir to a
proper directory, or use full path to executable. Neither is true for your
example, assuming I understood it right.

> I'm interested in running a command (nc for example) within cygwin.

Again, your question doesn't make sense.

--
WBR,

Sorry for my terrible english...