Clearing the buffer after quitting LESS, MAN, VIM etc.

Dawid Ferenczy ferenczy@volny.cz
Thu Feb 6 15:34:00 GMT 2014

Christopher Faylor <cgf-use-the-mailinglist-please <at> cygwin.com> writes:

> You're apparently not using a snapshot.
>
> cgf

I love you! :)

It's very close to be perfect now. When I scroll by individual lines, it
works fine. But when I try to scroll by pages, the screen is repainted
between prompts only. If there are 3 lines between prompts (one prompt on
bottom of the screen, 3 lines of output above and previous prompt above),
only that 3 lines and the most bottom prompt are repainted with buffer. So
one prompt on the bottom is repainted and it repeats with the prompt above.
If there is no prompt on current screen (e.g. long output), the whole screen
is repainted. Is it clear from my description?

--
 Dawid Ferenczy
 http://ferenczy.cz