get rid of getpwent? (Was: cygwin-1.7.28 getpwent header declaration changes ?)

Warren Young warren@etr-usa.com
Fri Feb 7 20:25:00 GMT 2014

On 2/7/2014 13:09, Warren Young wrote:

> I want getpwent() and friends to remain available, but to switch to
> AD/SAM as primary, like OS X does all the time,

I just realized that this means getpwent() turns into an AD database
linear scan at AD sites.

Hmmm...

I think I'm still in favor of the idea.  It seems like a "Doctor, it
hurts when I do a complete linear AD scan!" issue.  ("So don't do that,
then!")

This could make Cygwin a positive force for getting these old programs
updated to use modern APIs.