get rid of getpwent? (Was: cygwin-1.7.28 getpwent header declaration changes ?)

David Stacey drstacey@tiscali.co.uk
Sun Feb 9 17:12:00 GMT 2014

On 09/02/2014 15:45, Warren Young wrote:
> Results:
>
> /bin/cppcheck.exe

This intrigued me. cppcheck is a static analyser, so what's it doing
with getpwent()? I had a nosy in the source code, and it appears that
cppcheck has a rule checking for POSIX calls that are not re-entrant. If
a call to getpwent() is found in your source code, cppcheck will
recommend that you replace this with getpwent_r().

As far as I can tell, cppcheck doesn't actually call getpwent() at all;
this is a false positive turned up by strings(1).

Dave.