Testers needed: New passwd/group handling in Cygwin

Warren Young warren@etr-usa.com
Fri Feb 14 00:31:00 GMT 2014

On 2/13/2014 09:07, Andrey Repin wrote:
> Greetings, Steven Penny!
>
>> - Do you have any benchmarks available? Or instructions on how we could test the
>>    speed of the new system?
>
> In the end of the day, this should affect program startup times. But in home
> environment, the difference will be negligible.

Whose home are we talking about here? :)

In my home, we type commands like ./configure && make && make install

That sort of thing may launch and kill hundreds of programs in a short
period of time.

If we save only 1/20 second (say 0.1 sec down to 0.05) per process
launch, we can save tens of seconds on such a command sequence.

I look forward to testing this.