Testers needed: New passwd/group handling in Cygwin

Warren Young warren@etr-usa.com
Fri Feb 14 21:49:00 GMT 2014

On 2/14/2014 13:11, Warren Young wrote:
> "The reason we point all this out is that the requirements for
> restarting things are not quite as stringent as when you replace
> cygwin1.dll. If you have three process trees, you have three independent
> copies of the nsswitch information.  You do not need to restart any of
> them for a new process tree to see the changes, but until each restarts,
> they will not see the change."

EDIT, replace last sentence:

"If you start a fresh process tree, it will see the changes.  As long as
any process in an existing process tree remains running, all processes
in that tree will continue to use the old information."