Little cygpath improvement request

Andrey Repin anrdaemon@yandex.ru
Sun Feb 16 07:08:00 GMT 2014

Greetings, m0viefreak!

> I'm not exactly sure what you are trying to accomplish with that patch,
> but it looks to me as if everything you want is already present:

>   cygpath --help

> states

>   -i, --ignore          ignore missing argument

With "that patch", this option can be dropped altogether.

> which outputs nothing if you pass it an empty argument (or even without
> any further argument at all).

It provide no information at all in any event (be it missing argument, or
nonexistent path (not like it's checking for existence right now... which only
making situation more complicated)), requiring non-obvious, manually conceived
tests to ensure that the program operates orderly.

I should also add that the attach was unintended. Got a little mix-up here,
and the file slipped through cracks to the message.

> Isn't that ( cygpath -mli "$possibly_empty_var" ) what you need?

No, I didn't.

--
WBR,

Sorry for my terrible english...