NFS/SSHD interaction

Tue Feb 18 15:03:00 GMT 2014

On Feb 18 15:32, Dominik Straßer wrote:
> Am 18.02.2014 15:26, schrieb Corinna Vinschen:
> >>>
> >>tried it, but didn't work:
> >>$ passwd -R
> >>[etc]
> >>Enter your current password:
> >>Re-enter your current password:
> >>Storing password failed: Function not implemented
> Hi Corinna,
> >Did you *read* the aforementioned URL?  It explains that a non-admin
> >needs cygserver to run passwd -R.  As an admin you can enter the
> >password for other users, if you know it.  See additionally
> >http://cygwin.com/cygwin-ug-net/using-utils.html#passwd
> Of yourse I did :-), and I clicked on "Run as adminstrator" for the
> Cygwin shell (otherwise the error message was different: Storing
> password failed: bad file descriptor)

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

This is my fault.  I broke this functionality in Cygwin 1.7.28-2,
because I changed a conditional expression the wrong way.

<head on desk in despair>

Sorry about that.  I applied a fix to CVS.  For the time being, you
need to use either Cygwin 1.7.27, or wait for the snapshot I'm going
to upload in the next half hour or so: http://cygwin.com/snapshots/

Corinna

Red Hat